WHAT IS CLIMATE PREPAREDNESS WEEK?
During September 24–30* each year, we mark Climate Preparedness Week, dedicated to learning, service, and actions that better prepare our communities for extreme weather events. By coming together to host events, we provide the resources and space to think about the ways that climate change disadvantages some communities more than others.
Theme: The Weather is Changing: Are You Prepared?
By coming together to host educational and service-oriented events, we can equip ourselves and our communities with the resources, tools, and mindsets to build resilience in the face of changing weather and our changing climate. We’ll explore how severe weather and climate change affects us all--locally, globally, publicly, and personally. Additionally, we’ll learn about how the impacts of climate change and extreme weather intersect with racial, social, and economic justice and how we can respond to these changes from the ground up and the top down.
Join us as a Host or Partner
Join us as a Partner by advertising the centrally-organized events.
- This would include advertising the events to your membership over email and social media.
- Partners will be recognized on our website and at the start of our events.
- To sign up as a partner, please fill out this form.
Join us as Host and hold your own event with and for your community!
- We will advertise your events on our website, and are happy to support you with suggestions for content or speakers if that is helpful.
- To sign up to host an event, please fill out this form.
- View last year’s webpage for event ideas. (This year, we expect to see a mixture of in-person and virtual events as states continue reopening to varying degrees.)
You Have the Option of Having In-Person events or Virtual events
Last year, due to the Covid-19 public health crisis, Climate Prep Week 2020 was all virtual to ensure the safety of our community members. This year, we have decided to let each event host decide if they want to have their Climate Prep Week event in-person or virtual as more and more people are becoming vaccinated.
CREW will have several Central Events This Year
As we confirm speakers and events, we will add them to this website, stay tuned!
Check out some pictures from Climate Prep Week 2019 below, last year's webpage for event ideas, and a calendar of our full list of events this year!
View the 2020 Climate Prep Week webpage here.
From left to right: Community Visit from the New England Aquarium at the Lynn Public Library where kids could start to get hands-on experience; "Climate Change: What Is It and What Can You Do About It?" a bilingual talk in Holyoke, MA that explored individual and communal solutions; Emergency Prep Kit Preparedness Workshop in Duxbury, MA that showed people how to best prepare for all types of disasters.